May 23, 2013 Leave a Comment
Do you have what it takes to be a part of this fun team? Volunteer Kalamazoo is currently taking applications for a Program Director. Applications/resumes will be accepted through June 7th, 2013. Interested candidates should send application, resume, and cover letter to Carrie Vanderbush, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION TITLE: Program Director
The Program Director is responsible for the implementation of programs designed to strengthen nonprofit organizations by fostering effective volunteerism and board leadership, and to connect community members with opportunities to serve nonprofit organizations for maximum community impact. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement training programs for current and potential board members, volunteer managers, and other nonprofit staff to develop leadership capacity and effective volunteer programs.
- Identify and develop relationships with local businesses, nonprofit organizations and service clubs to provide employee/member training sessions.
- Prepare all class materials, schedule speakers, facilitate sessions.
- Conduct volunteer management training, board development training and resources (public and custom).
- Provide consulting support to nonprofit organizations and/or individuals.
- Develop and implement a schedule of training workshops and classes, including volunteer management training and other training as needed.
- Manage Days of Service Program
- Contact program partners and facilitate meetings to coordinate outreach activities, develop relationships and partner roles.
- Identity and contact local nonprofit organizations that increase public and neighborhood safety and invite their participation in large episodic volunteer events.
- Engage Kalamazoo Community in three days of service throughout the year, where community members can volunteer at local neighborhood associations to increase neighborhood safety.
- Create and implement marketing tactics to promote days of service and engage community members in service projects.
- Effectively recruit volunteers and place them at volunteer opportunities where their skills will be best utilized.
- Promote events to the public to increase volunteer participation.
- Create and engage new “volunteer leaders” who can assist in planning events.
- Identify and apply for relevant supplemental grants for the program
- Facilitate evaluation of the program
- Manage VolunTEENs program and Michigan Student Service Awards.
- Assist with other youth programs as needed.
- Advisor to the Youth Council.
- Manage Day of Caring program to engage community members in volunteer events.
- Effectively recruit volunteers and match potential volunteers with appropriate volunteer opportunities.
- Promote volunteerism through speaking engagements, articles and interviews.
- Manage special projects as required to implement the strategic plan.
- Represent VK at KAVA meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of principles and best practices for nonprofit boards and volunteer management; nonprofit board or staff experience and/or volunteer management experience is desirable.
- Able to lead training activities, speak to organizations and media.
- A high level of competency using MS Office and desktop publishing applications is required.
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration with others.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in nonprofit management, business or related field of study. Minimum two years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration.
Applications/resumes will be accepted through June 7th, 2013. Interested candidates should send application, resume, and cover letter to Carrie Vanderbush, Executive Director, at email@example.com.